Sunday, February 1, 2009

My kindergarten niece who wants to get married early

This is a story about my niece who is a kindergarten student. I haven't seen her for a long time and I was surprised to see her look more beautiful with her long hair. I called her "Miss" and asked if she already has a boyfriend. Her mom said, not yet but she likes someone who lives next door. We laughed and teased her but she never cried.

While we were watching tv, she interrupted her mom and asked at what age do ladies usually get married. Instead of her mom, I answered her that she had to graduate to University first before thinking of marriage. We were all surprised when she said that she wants to get married earlier and wants to raise two kids like her mom. I was shocked. My niece is only 5 years old and a kindergarten student but she already thought about her marriage life. I'm wondering if all kids are like her.

I remember my student when she said that she usually goes home around 11p.m. She she's more tired during vacation because she had to attend more institutes. She attends piano lesson, dancing lesson, goes to Math Academy, English Academy, Art class, taekwondo (Korean martial arts), etc... So maybe my niece doesn't want to experience this kind of education so wants to get married earlier.

No comments: