Friday, February 20, 2009

Points (dallant)

I usually give points (dallant) to students when they study hard. I have a student who receives points almost everyday. Today, he told me that I didn't give him point last week. Oooppsss...! He was asking for points because he said I didn't give him last week. I said, I don't give points everyday. Because I always give him points, he thinks everytime he's present in the class, he can receive point. Of course not! I told him because he studied hard that's why I gave him points. He didn't wanna leave today. He said he would only leave If I would give him points for last week. What?! I said, "Don't leave and live here." His eyes were red and he almost cried when I left him in the classroom. I said, I would call my boss so that he could call his mom and pick him up then he suddenly stood up.

Before he left, I talked to him. I helped him put his coat and he looked happy when he left although I didn't give him points. I realized that giving points everyday is not good.

No comments: