Saturday, February 7, 2009

Side Dishes from my student's mom

How would you react when your students' parents give something to you not only some presents but also side dishes? Yes, I usually get some side dishes from my students' mom. Maybe they know that I don't know how to cook or I'm lazy when it comes to cooking. Just last week when I got a box of dried laver and last night, I got 2 types of side dishes. I know they are giving me something or taking care of me because I take care of their children. I treat them well so I guessed it's their way of saying thank you. But I'm also grateful for them for trusting my ability to teach their kids. Although I always try to do my best but I still think of ways on how to give or share knowledge to my students in a very fun and easy way.

Yesterday, one of my students was carrying a shopping bag and handed it to me. He said that's side dishes from his mom. I didn't know how to say thank you because I even couldn't remember what good thing that I did with this student of mine. I just teach them, that's all. This is what I always wonder when I receive something from them. Are they satisfied of my teaching? Or they are asking me to teach their kids better. Well, I think the answer is both.

No comments: