Friday, September 19, 2008

Snakes Flying Lesson

One day Snake is talking to two birds.
"I live in the desert on the hot ground. I can't fly," says Snake.
"Everybody knows snakes can't fly," say the birds.
"I want to fly like you! Help me!" says Snake.
"We can try," say the birds.

"Hold on tight, friend. Don't open your mouth or you'll fall!" say the birds.
The birds carry Snake high in the air.
The air is cool. The sun shines through the white clouds.
Flying is wonderful! thinks Snake.

"Well, well. A silly snake who thinks it can fly!" says Eagle. "Are those feathers down there on your tail? Can you fly without that stick in your mouth?"
Snakes gets very angry. He opens his mouth to bite Eagle.
He falls through the air to the ground. He lands on a cactus. Ouch!

"Now I know snakes can't fly. I'll stay on the ground from now on!" says snakes.

Source: Backpack 3 Book

No comments: