Monday, July 8, 2013

The Greatest Bridegroom

Once upon a time, a mole couple's daughter, Mollie, was ready to marry. In the mode village, Moler was the best available bridegroom. However, Father Mole and Mother Mole were not satisfied with him.

"Isn't there a better bridegroom?" asked Mollie's mother.
"Our Mollie must marry the greatest bridegroom," said her father.
Father Mole and Mother Mole discussed the matter.
"Who do you think is the greates of all?" Father wondered aloud.
"I think the sun is the greatest," Mother answered.

Father Mole went to the sun. "Gosh! It's so hot here! Sun, are you the greatest of all?" he asked.
"No, Im not. When the cloud comes and covers me, I can't even show my face. The cloud is the greatest," the sun replied.
"Oh, I see. Thank you." said Father Mole.

Father Mole went to see the cloud. "Oh my, it's so dark! Cloud, are you the greatest of all?" he asked.
"No, I'm not. When the wind comes, I'm blown away in seconds. The wind is the greatest," replied the cloud.
"Oh, I see. Thank you." said Father Mole.

Father Mole went to see the wind. "Oh my, I'm about to be blown away! Wind, you are the greatest of all, right?" he asked hopefully.
"No, I'm not. There is someone who doesn't blow away even when I blow my hardest," said the wind.
"Is that true?" asked Father Mole.
"Mr. Mole, if you are looking for the greatest, go to the Buddha statue," advised the wind.

Though Father Mole was tired, he went to see the Buddha statue. "Finally, I've found it. Buddha statue, you are the greatest in the world, right?" Father Mole asked.
"No, I'm not. If a mole dug a hole under my feet, I could not stand for even a minute," the Buddha statue answered.
"Do you think the mole is the best bridegroom in the world?" asked Father Mole.
"Definitely! Ha-ha-ha!" the Buddha statue answered with laughter.

Father Mole then went back to the mole village. "Honey! I've found someone who is the greatest," he declared to his wife.
"Oh really!" Mother replied.
Father Mole explained. "The sun said, 'The sun is the greatest.' The cloud said, 'The wind is the greatest.' The wind said, 'The Buddha is the greatest.' And then I found out who is the greatest of all."
"Who is that?" Mother Mole asked.
"It is one of us, the moles!" Father Mole replied.
"Well, then, we must choose the best bridegroom from among the greatest moles," Mother Mole said.

As a result, Father Mole and Mother Mole met with Moler. Soon, Mollie and Moler were married.

Couldn't the greatest in the world be right next to you?

No comments: