Friday, July 5, 2013

I'm Finally Back After Three Years

It has been three years since I last updated here. I rarely think of posting about my experiences in teaching but too lazy to post and sometimes forget when I come home. I have lots of good and bad experiences about teaching. As you know, it's not easy to teach in other land specially when you have different language. Eventhough I love kids and teaching is my passion, there are times that I feel upset, terrible and irritated. Of course most of the time, I have to carry my patience with me or else everyone will be in trouble.

It's alright to hit the students in Korea which surprised me when I first saw the teacher hitting a student on his head with a stick. It wasn't too hard that could break his head but still it was against the law in my country. After seeing several times of spanking the children from the teachers and boss, I got used to it. I realized that it needed to educate the Korean students because they don't listen or follow the teachers easily. There are lots of hard-headed students that some of them even say bad words to their teachers. Saying good words or giving some advise to them is useless. They should be taught some lessons through a stick or rod.

In my case, I never hit a student in my 12 years of teaching but sometimes feel like hitting them or throwing them out of the window if it's just possible. But I always keep my patience because I understand that students are also moody. There are times that they don't feel like studying specially when they have a problem at home or school. I can't deny that I sometimes get irritated but most of the time, I enjoy my day with kids.



No comments: