Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Student Stole my New Smartphone

Most students are now addicted to games specially kakao talk games. So some students even during the class, they play games if you aren't alert of them. It seems like they are busy doing something but when you get close to them, they are using their cellphones that usually they are caught playing games.

I usually use the timer of my cellphone in class specially on reading time. My students like it when I check how fast they read. They are so thrilled and excited to read when I check the time while they read.

Yesterday, during our reading class, I use the timer of my cellphone again. It's my habit to put my cellphone in the drawer of my desk as soon as I'm done checking their reading performance. When my 6:30 class went home and about to start with my 7:30 class, I tried to prepare my cellphone for reading my next reading class but my cellphone is gone. I searched everything in the drawer of my desk but I couldn't find it. Although I don't bring it in the computer lab or in the bathroon, still I searched for it but still I was disappointed. I couldn't find it anywhere so I told my co-worker about it.

My co-worker helped me find it but no matter how much we searched, we couldn't find it so she decided to searched on my student's bags. They didn't know that we were searching for my phone. She just pretended to check their books if they did their homework during their computer lab time. When she couldn't find it, again she decided to call my 6:30 class and asked them to search my cellphone in their bags. She said maybe they put it in their bags unintentionally. So, she said if they found it, just bring it the next day (and that's today).

Unluckily, I can't ring my cellphone because I always set it to mute mode whenever I'm at work specially when I use it in class. That night, I called my hubby and told him about my missing cellphone so he called the company and told them to cut the service of my cellphone so nobody can't use it although my cellphone was locked because I use a pattern password but I guess it's easy to unlocked it. Just look at the screen closely and you can trace it easily.

I couldn't sleep last night. I was thinking of my cellphone. It's my first time to lose valuable thing. My LG Optimus cellphone is new. My hubby bought it last January. When I called him while I was at work, he said it was alright. He said he can't buy me a better one. Although he said that, I still can't believe that I lost my cellphone. It's very important to me. I even sleep with it. It's always under my pillow. Eventhough, I don't. Everything that I have is important to me. I always take care of what I have specially my cellphone. I'm very careful when I handle or use it. I usually use my cellphones for two or three years and they are still in good conditions when I change them.

I know that my hubby can buy me a better one but I still love that cellphone of mine. And I'm very upset, disappointed and annoyed. Today, my students said that they don't know where my cellphone is and one of them said that I put it in my drawer when I was in their class which is right.

Ahhh, my hubby is right. He said don't trust anyone. So he told me not to bring my credit card, ATM, and just bring small amount of money. Ahhhh... I guess he is right but how about when I'm in emergency situation? Well, he said it's also emergency when I lose them. And that's more serious he said. Well, I guess I have to agree with him this time.

To my student who took my cellphone (whoever you are), are you happy now that you have it? If not, please give it back! I already forgave you!

No comments: