Friday, October 10, 2008

What would you do if your student always swears in the class?

How can you deal with the student who always swears in the class? I couldn't stand him today. Everytime I enter the class, he always says something bad against his classmates. He teased, hit and swore the students who didn't do anything except studied. He's not a kid to act like that, so I told him to stay in the class and I talked to him. I asked if he knew what he did was wrong. He agreed and I asked him again what he should do next time. He said, he always acts like that in the class when he studies with his homeroom teacher. So I asked if he could change for the better. He said he doesn't know. So I said I don't know, either so I brought him in the office to let the director talk to him but he wasn't in. I called his homeroom teacher instead and told her what that student did. Here's what his homeroom teacher said--

"Did you do that to your teacher? It's okay in my class but not to teacher --- . You can do that 4 times a week but behave for one day, okay? Behave when you study with teacher --, okay?" and the student went home.

I was shocked to hear that. Is that right? I got angry not because I want this student to behave well in my class. I talked to him because I want to change his bad attitude not only during my class. Because of those words, the teacher isn't helping the student a lot. The student will think that it was okay to do that again and again in front of others except in front of me, don't you think so? And do you think he would really behave well in front me next time? This student will think it's okay with his homeroom teacher how come that he couldn't do it to me? My goodness!

I told my co-worker about that. I said, that's for the sake of the students and not for me. Students always hear bad words from him so they will also act like him. I told her to tell the director about that so that he can do something for him. She said she already did but the director didn't do anything.

When my boss came, I told him about the student. He said I should have sent the student to him. I said I did but he wasn't in. I also asked if teacher --- also told something about that. He said, "never". Oh, well!

No comments: