Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My student wants to commit suicide

How would you react when you heard from your student's mom that her 4th grade daughter sometimes tells her that she wanted to commit suicide? My student's mom came in the office to pay for her daughter's monthly fee. My student's mom and her adviser were very serious talking at the counselling room. After their conversation and after the parent left, the director asked what they talked about. We were surprised when we heard that our student was thinking of committing suicide. I was shocked! How could a beautiful and smart 4th grade student thinks of committing suicide? I even always sees her smiling in the class and she deals well with her classmates. I dunno what supposed to be the problem is and her mom doesn't know the reason, either.

I need to pay more attention with this student. I have to save her but I don't know how. If I could just live with her and be always beside her. I'm always worried of her. I want to hug her whenever I see her to show that there's someone who loves her except from her family and friends.

I hope and pray that she will be fine and never think of that scary and stupid thing again.

No comments: